For the uninitiated, dental implants are replacement roots for missing or lost teeth. These are an apt replacement for dentures, which are otherwise flimsy and not comfortable to say the least. Below are 9 facts worth knowing about dental implants.
- Well, anyone with healthy gums can go for dental implants. If you are fit enough to undergo any oral surgery, such as tooth extraction, you are an ideal candidate for implants too, unless your dentist suggests otherwise.
- Usually, implant dentaire bien fait can last a lifetime. Your dentist may suggest a few steps for additional care, but in most cases, regular dental hygiene must be maintained. Brushing and flossing should be a habit.
- Dental implants are permanent, but for that, your gums must be healthy. Implants are made of titanium and are placed in the missing tooth socket. With time, the jawbone heals and gets the implant in place. This can take around 10 to 12 weeks.
- You can get dental implants at any age. Talk to a good dentist, and he/she should be able to talk more on the procedure. If you are a heavy smoker or have conditions like diabetes, additional tests might be required.
- The cost of implants is not covered under insurance, and the cost is usually calculated on many aspects, including the cost of replacement teeth. Do get an estimate in advance, so that you can plan your finances better.
- With dental implants, you will a see a visible difference in eating comfort, speech and chewing. Since the replacement teeth won’t move around, implants enhance your appearance and make you more confident.
- Implants are usually safe, and there are no risks involved. However, the choice of dentist can make a huge difference. It is wise to choose a clinic that specializes in both restorative dentistry and oral surgery.
- It may require around four to five appointments before you get your replacement teeth. Your dentist will take additional steps to ensure that the crown/replacement teeth match the natural color of your teeth.
- Finally, did you know that more than three million people in the US have dental implants? Not only implants are safe, but with basic dental care, these can last a lifetime. However, it is important to go for regular dental checkups to keep a look for gum conditions.
Check online now to find dental clinic for implants now!